Thursday, 24 May 2007

This knee lands... finally

It's 645pm, and I've got about an hour at Disneyland. I'm back where my journey started 24 years ago and the place has gotten a whole lot smaller. ;p

The first thing I noticed along main street are the people sitting along the sides neatly. Ah... a street parade must be coming up soon.


These are the new subs that replaces the Nautilus ride. I loved that completely as a little kid!! Just the whole descending of the sub with the bubbles and all excited me and still excites me. This new Finding Nemo ride opens June 11.


All the rides in this area are closed, including Fantasmic... a night time 'live' show that I really want to sea. They're preparing the Mississippi River for the World Premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean on May 25.


The Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse has been turned into Tarzan's Treehouse. If you miss the old treehouse, it's still in Tokyo Disneyland... just thought you might like to know... ;p


There... Cinderelli's Castle. It looked really small!! Not because I'm a lot bigger, but the Castles in Japan and France seemed a lot bigger physically.


Met Walt briefly. He was busy taking pictures with everyone else. Spoke to him about me wanting to work at his Imagineering. The situation would have been very different if he were still alive... I am so sure of it.


He reminded me one thing.
"We keep moving forward..."
Where? How far into the future?
I found myself in Tomorrowland. This place reminded me of how I got lost for eight hours the last time I was here with my parents in '92.


It was closing time. My mobile read 9:32pm. Park actually closes at 8pm. I was probably the last one out. But I knew that Walt wouldn't have minded.


I realised I still have a lot inside of me wanting to work at Imagineering. As I walked the parked, I had plenty of ideas generating in that puny head of mine... certainly, I mean who wouldn't, right?? And as I left the park, I wonder where will this journey take me to?

To finish what Walt had to say...
"We keep moving forward... opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Sooooo... Star Tours is right behind Tomorrowland... okay, got that....