Sunday, 27 May 2007

Celebration IV

I'd like to dedicate this posting to Anthony whose funeral was earlier today in Singapore. It's so interesting how both my grandpas passing happened when I'm in the States! (The first was in 1996.)

Within my first decade of birth, my kong kong used to take me out for long walks that always ended at a cinema. I guess that was how my interest in movies began...

We'd walk from Cathay Cinema to Metro Golden Mile and at six years old, I thought that I had covered most of Singapore after walking so much! If the cinema was in the East at Odean, then I'd definitely look forward to the trishaw rides back home! Another hangout spot I used to go with him would be Tay Ban Guan's arcade! Movies, walks, old Singapore... thank you Kong Kong, do say Hi to Jesus for me!

I decided to take the Metro Rapid to the L.A. Convention Centre for CIV. I did this to celebrate a passing, the joy of walking and the movies!

Registration form

Main Exhibition Hall


Fans and a remote controlled R2

More fans in gear


SW theme car on display


X-Wing from a different view point


My highlight for the event was to meet the stars from the movies!


More to come after I've been tagged...

0 comments: